Jay Cutler is perhaps the best known bodybuilder in the world today, and he didn’t get there by chance. This is a man who takes every aspect of his training seriously, from his diet on up. The Jay Cutler workout routine is intensive and can involve working out up to four hours per day.
Few people can afford to dedicate that kind of time to exercise; it involves a professional commitment, but that doesn’t mean that a similar, if shorter routine using the Isolator™ can’t provide everyone with significant benefits.
There are many sites which claim to have access to Jay Cutler’s regimen. On his website though, Jay only lists a portion of his program. No reason to give away trade secrets, right?
How is his Workout Split Up?
The key to his amazing physique is tailoring his workout so that he gets the benefit he wants without straining muscles or developing injuries. You will also see that, barring abs, Cutler doesn’t work any muscle group more than once a week. It is worth noting that each athlete knows their own weaknesses and tailors their regimen accordingly. You will need to do the same.
For Jay, a tailored workout that gets him ready for competition is as follows:
- Monday – Delts, traps, triceps and abs are the target. Each muscle group is worked for 8-12 reps and 2-3 sets.
- Tuesday – The back gets the focus. Pulldowns, deadlifts, rows, and more are all part of the routing, with 3-4 sets of 10 -12 reps of each exercise.
- Wednesday – Is a day for recovery and rest.
- Thursday – Chest, biceps, forearms and abs are hit. Each group is targeted with specific exercises. Sometimes 5 sets, sometimes 3 sets, each set includes 8-15 reps.
- Friday – Is dedicated to quads. Heavy sets of extensions, several sets of squats, presses and lunges all go to making large, well balanced legs.
- Saturday – Hamstrings, calves and once again, abs are worked. To balance the foreleg with the hindleg the hamstrings are engaged in curls, deadlifts and presses. Several calf raises and multiple ab exercises finish off the routine with each muscle getting several sets of work.
- Sunday – Is another off day.
Personalizing Your Workout Routine is Essential
It is no surprise that with the hours involved and the dedication required that Cutler remains at the top of his field. Just take a look at what he eats during training and his ability to build muscle and you will see how his exceptional definition becomes possible.
No matter how much you want to achieve the same proportions, the Jay Cutler workout routine isn’t designed for you. Instead, incorporate some of his exercises while utilizing the muscle targeting Isolator™ exercise tool. The Isolator™ is great at targeting specific muscles on specific days, allowing the muscles you worked the day before to rest. Also, you’re eliminating your grip from the equation, so you can lift more and see better results, faster.