Spinach is such a powerhouse vegetable, but that old steakhouse side of creamed spinach plays down the nutrition and plays up the fat. I have my own satisfying side to share with you that will give you some of the creaminess of that old favorite and some big flavor to make you not even miss all the fat and calories. Best of all, it couldn’t be faster or easier to get on your table for a busy weeknight side.
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 2 c low fat cottage cheese
- ½ c chicken stock
- 2 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 5 c baby spinach
- In a small pot over medium heat, bring your chicken stock and minced garlic to a gentle simmer.
- Put the baby spinach in the pot and cook until it is wilted.
- Meanwhile, evenly spread the cottage cheese over a serving platter.
- When your spinach is cooked, place it on top of the cottage cheese using a slotted spoon.
Enjoy this fast, flavorful side!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 23
Total Fat 2.5g
Saturated Fat 1.4g
Net Carbohydrates 6.1g