Meatballs can be tricky – loaded with breadcrumbs and fat, they may taste great, but they’re not so great for you. My version uses lean ground turkey breast to give you a low-fat, low-cal, low-carb meatball that tastes amazing with our incredible ISOPASTA. Best of all, these meatballs freeze beautifully, so you can make a double or triple batch to have ready to stir into your favorite pasta sauce whenever you want!
Wine Recommendation: The wine you ultimately choose will depend on your sauce. On their own, though, these lovely little meatballs go well with a mellow Malbec. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 350˚.
- In a mixing bowl, with a large fork, mash and mix together all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Using a one tablespoon ice cream scoop or melon baller, scoop out 25 evenly sized meatballs, rounding them with your hands.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly space the meatballs on it. Bake the meatballs in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until they reach an internal temperature of 165˚. It’s important that you watch and check the meatballs often, as oven temperatures can vary. Ground turkey breast doesn’t have much fat and if overcooked, you’ll wind up with some very dry meatballs! Be sure to pull them as soon as they hit the right temperature for a juicy, delicious result.
- Serve these tasty little meatballs with your favorite ISOPASTA and sauce, and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Meatball
Calories from Fat 4
Total Fat 0.4g
Saturated Fat 0g
Net Carbohydrates 0.3g