This sweet, nutty salmon is one of my family’s favorites. With a quick walnut topping and a little time in the oven, this easy meal is also amazing for your meal prep lifestyle. The salmon will stay moist and beautiful in your Isolator Fitness Meal Prep containers, so go ahead and make a big batch for your week. It tops a salad well, pairs fantastically with our ISOPASTA, and is great just on its own.
Wine Recommendation: Take it light and Italian with this salmon dish – a Lambrusco will pair well. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 1 lb skin-on salmon filet
- ½ c walnuts
- 1/8 c maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 325˚ and line a small baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a small food processor, grind together walnuts, syrup, pepper and salt until they form a chunky paste.
- Place your salmon skin side down on the prepared baking sheet and smoothly spread the walnut paste over the top of the salmon.
- Bake your salmon for 20-25 minutes, depending on how well done you prefer your salmon. (I like mine more on the rare side and usually go with around 20 minutes if the filet isn’t super thick.)
- When the salmon is done to your liking, remove it from the oven and simply slip a thin metal spatula between the salmon meat and the salmon skin and slide the spatula gently along the length of the filet. This will quickly and easily separate your salmon from its skin.
- Carefully set your salmon on a serving platter and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 174
Total Fat 19.3g
Saturated Fat 2g
Net Carbohydrates 7.1g