BAKED SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS ISOPASTA PENNE
Everyone loves sausage and peppers, and you’ll love how fast and easy this high-protein, low-fat, low-carb crowd-pleaser comes together with our ISOPASTA. High in protein, with creamy, smoked mozzarella and a zesty sauce that practically makes itself in your blender, I’m confident this comforting pasta bake will quickly become a weeknight regular on your table.
Wine Recommendation: A smooth, fruity, red Ventoux will complement the roasted red peppers and savory sausage in this tasty ISOPASTA favorite. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 8.82oz ISOPASTA Penne (1 bag)
- 14.5oz can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 11.5oz jar roasted red peppers, drained
- ½ c low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 c fresh basil
- 4 links (about 12 oz) sweet Italian chicken sausage, sliced into thin rings
- 2 oz very thinly sliced smoked mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 350˚.
- Cook your ISOPASTA Penne according to the package directions. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your penne when it is cooked to al dente. Put the pasta in a large mixing bowl.
- In your blender, blend together the tomatoes, peppers, cottage cheese, garlic salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and basil. Mix this into your ISOPASTA Penne, along with the sliced chicken sausage, until well incorporated.
- Pour the sausage and pasta mix into a 9×13 casserole dish and top with the thinly sliced smoked mozzarella.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 89.5
Total Fat 9.8g
Saturated Fat 3.1g
Dietary Fiber 5.1g
The post BAKED SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS ISOPASTA PENNE appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.