Cream cheese mashed potatoes are a weakness of mine. I love them for a special treat, but let’s face it – with all that butter and cream and cheese, we can’t eat them with every meal (as much as we might like to)! When I created this fast and easy cauliflower puree, it was with those luscious cream cheese mashed potatoes in mind. I wanted a smooth, rich texture and a creamy taste to sub in for the real deal. I think you’ll be pleased with the result – high in fiber, protein, and vitamins B and C, this low calorie cauliflower puree can stand in for those spuds on my table anytime. Oh, and did I mention there’s less than one gram of fat per serving?
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets (about 6-8 c)
- 2 c chicken stock
- 1 c low-fat (2%) cottage cheese
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- In a large, covered pot, heat the cauliflower and chicken stock until boiling and reduce to a simmer. Simmer covered for 15 minutes or until your cauliflower is very tender.
- Drain the cooked cauliflower and place it in the bowl of a food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Pulse the mixture together until it is very smooth.
- Spoon your puree into a serving bowl and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 7
Total Fat 0.8g
Saturated Fat 0g
Dietary Fiber 2.6g
The post CAULIFLOWER PUREE appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.