ISOPASTA CALI ROLL BOWL
I adore sushi, but sometimes all that white rice is just too much. With a little imagination and our amazing ISOPASTA Rice, I’ve taken the heart of a California Roll and turned it into a fun DIY bowl that you’ll love putting together almost as much as you’ll love the taste. Plus, my Greek Yogurt Wasabi Sauce not only adds protein, but really brings the whole sushi flavor experience together.
Drink Recommendation: Ditch the wine and have an ice cold cup of sake to compliment this tasty sushi bowl. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
For the bowl:
- 7.04oz ISOPASTA Rice
- 4 scallions, sliced very thin
- 8 imitation crab sticks, halved
- 1/3 c cucumber, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
For the rice seasoning:
- 2 ½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
For the wasabi sauce:
- 4 oz 2% Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp wasabi paste
- Cook your ISOPASTA Rice according to the package directions. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your rice when it is cooked. Run cold water over the rice until it is cooled to room temperature and place the rice in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the rice seasoning ingredients together until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Pour the mixture over the rice, tossing and stirring well to coat all the rice with the seasoning.
- Whisk the wasabi sauce ingredients together in a small bowl until well blended and set aside.
- Make the assembly of this delicious bowl a family affair – place the crab, scallions, cucumber, avocado, and sesame seeds in serving bowls at the table, along with the seasoned ISOPASTA Rice and the wasabi sauce. Have fun together creating these tasty sushi bowls – enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 185
Total Fat 20.4g
Saturated Fat 3.6g
Dietary Fiber 8.1g
The post ISOPASTA CALI ROLL BOWL appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.
Also in ISO
With the holiday’s coming up, you may be having trouble trying to fit everything you need to get done into your day. But that doesn’t mean that you can skip out on your workouts. Skipping workouts now is a slippery slope that not only puts a stop to your current progress, but may also make future progress more difficult to achieve. This time of year it’s easy to get caught up in overeating, poor sleep schedules and over booking your time. This 15 minute HIIT workout will help you to stay on track with your daily workouts even when you feel like you have no time though. Because although you may have to shorten your workouts a few days this holiday season, there’s no reason to skip them all together.
It’s the holiday season and among all of the hustle and bustle there’s one chore that you just can’t afford to put on the back burner until the very last minute. And that’s planning your holiday menu. Planning a healthy holiday menu is one of the best ways to ensure that you stay on track during the holidays with your healthy eating. The best part is that thanks to this list of delicious christmas recipes, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from without having to worry about skimping on flavor.
The holidays have become associated with overeating and overindulgence. They have become a time to sit around with family and friends stuffing yourself full of goodies that you spend most of the rest of the year avoiding, while avoiding the activities you spend most of the rest of the year pursuing. It should not come as much of a surprise then that continuing your workout routine during the holiday season will help you save yourself from overindulging on all of the goodies around you. There are in fact a few different ways in which daily exercise saves you from overindulging during the holidays.