I adore sushi, but sometimes all that white rice is just too much. With a little imagination and our amazing ISOPASTA Rice, I’ve taken the heart of a California Roll and turned it into a fun DIY bowl that you’ll love putting together almost as much as you’ll love the taste. Plus, my Greek Yogurt Wasabi Sauce not only adds protein, but really brings the whole sushi flavor experience together.
Drink Recommendation: Ditch the wine and have an ice cold cup of sake to compliment this tasty sushi bowl. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
For the bowl:
- 7.04oz ISOPASTA Rice
- 4 scallions, sliced very thin
- 8 imitation crab sticks, halved
- 1/3 c cucumber, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
For the rice seasoning:
- 2 ½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
For the wasabi sauce:
- 4 oz 2% Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp wasabi paste
- Cook your ISOPASTA Rice according to the package directions. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your rice when it is cooked. Run cold water over the rice until it is cooled to room temperature and place the rice in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the rice seasoning ingredients together until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Pour the mixture over the rice, tossing and stirring well to coat all the rice with the seasoning.
- Whisk the wasabi sauce ingredients together in a small bowl until well blended and set aside.
- Make the assembly of this delicious bowl a family affair – place the crab, scallions, cucumber, avocado, and sesame seeds in serving bowls at the table, along with the seasoned ISOPASTA Rice and the wasabi sauce. Have fun together creating these tasty sushi bowls – enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 185
Total Fat 20.4g
Saturated Fat 3.6g
Dietary Fiber 8.1g
The post ISOPASTA CALI ROLL BOWL appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.