ISOPASTA FUSILLI SNEAKY SPRING PESTO SALAD
Shh – this pasta salad has a secret! It’s not just pesto making that sauce green – this delicious dish features spinach and peas for a great added vitamin and fiber boost. With protein-packed Greek yogurt instead of the mayonnaise typically found in pasta salads, this is a tasty side dish you can feel good about. Plus, your kids will love the fun squiggles of ISOPASTA’s low-carb fusilli, and the crunch of those heart-healthy toasted walnuts on top. You can even make this a meal by adding some shredded chicken!
Wine Recommendation: This pasta has big flavors – herbaceous notes from the pesto, tang from the Greek yogurt, and nuttiness from those toasted walnuts. A fruit forward Rosé will add a harmonious touch to your meal. Cheers!
- 7.05oz ISOPASTA Fusilli
- 1/8 c garlic infused oil
- ¾ c pesto
- 5oz frozen spinach, defrosted and chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¾ c 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 c toasted, chopped walnuts
- ¼ c Parmigiano-Reggiano grated cheese
- ¼ c peas, fresh or frozen (defrosted)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cooked, shredded chicken breasts to make this a main dish rather than a side (optional – not included in nutrition facts)
1. Cook ISOPASTA Fusilli according to package directions. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your fusilli when it is cooked to al dente. Pour the pasta into a large bowl and drizzle with garlic oil. Stir well to coat all the fusilli.
2. In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix all the remaining ingredients except the walnuts and chicken. Combine your delicious pesto sauce with the fusilli and stir well. Sprinkle the chopped, toasted walnuts all over the top.
3. To make this side into a protein-packed meal, top with or mix in some shredded chicken. Enjoy!
For more of Chef Kelly’s delicious Low-Carb Recipes, download The Everyday Low-Carb Cookbook today!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 224
Total Fat 24.7g
Saturated Fat 4.6g
Dietary Fiber 6.5g
The post ISOPASTA FUSILLI SNEAKY SPRING PESTO SALAD appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.