ISOPASTA PENNE SALAD WITH BEETS AND GOAT CHEESE
Tell regular pasta to just beet it with this new, seasonal ISOPASTA Penne salad! While beets are definitely higher in carbs than some other vegetables, keep in mind that those are complex carbohydrates – the good carbs. Beets not only add a touch of natural sweetness in this healthful salad, they also bring high amounts of vitamin C and potassium, as well as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. With some goat cheese for creaminess, seasonal blood orange for a little citrus, and the crunch of heart-healthy pistachios, this salad is sure to become your new ISOPASTA wintertime lunch favorite.
Wine Recommendation: A crisp, dry Riesling will accentuate the touches of blood orange and the natural sweetness of beets in this savory salad. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 8.82oz ISOPASTA Penne (1 bag)
- 6 medium sized beets, any color
- 6oz container crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 3 1/2 tbsp fresh blood orange juice (or regular orange juice)
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 c thinly sliced fresh basil, packed full
- 1/4 c chopped pistachios
- Preheat your oven to 350˚. Wash your beets, making sure to scrub off all the dirt. Trim the greens off, and place the beets in an 8×8 baking pan. Fill the pan with about an inch of water and cover it tightly with foil. Bake your beets for an hour, then remove them from the oven and let them cool. (This can be done a day ahead and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to use your beets.)
- Meanwhile, cook your ISOPASTA Penne according to the package directions. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your penne when it is cooked to al dente. Put the pasta in a large serving bowl and let it cool. (This can be done a day ahead and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.)
- Trim the tops and roots off your cooled beets. Use a clean paper towel to gently rub the skins off the beets – they should slip right off.
- Cut your skinned beets in half lengthwise, then dice them and add the beets to the ISOPASTA penne, along with the container of crumbled goat cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the blood orange juice, walnut oil, balsamic, salt, and pepper until emulsified. Pour the dressing over the penne mix and stir well to coat. The vinaigrette will mix with the goat cheese to create a creamy, satisfying sauce.
- Mix in the fresh basil and top your salad with the chopped pistachios. This flavorful meal will keep well in the fridge in your Isolator Fitness Meal Prep Containers. It’s delicious cold or room temp – enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving, 255.7g
Calories from Fat 94.5
Total Fat 10.4g
Saturated Fat 4.3g
Dietary Fiber 7.3g
For more of Chef Kelly’s delicious Low-Carb Recipes, download The Everyday Low-Carb Cookbook today!
The post ISOPASTA PENNE SALAD WITH BEETS AND GOAT CHEESE appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.