ISOPASTA PENNE WITH TILAPIA PUTTANESCA
Pasta Puttanesca is a favorite of mine – I love the salty bite of those Kalamata olives and capers, and the gentle heat of red pepper flakes. What I don’t love is the high oil content that usually comes with it. Here’s my more figure-friendly version of this classic pasta dish; I’ve added some protein-rich, heart-healthy tilapia for even more of a savory, nutritional meal that will amaze you with how fast it comes together!
Wine Recommendation: With this flavorful puttanesca sauce, I love to drink a hearty red, such as a Pinot Noir or a Cabernet Sauvignon. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 5.28oz ISOPASTA Penne
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or pressed in a garlic press
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 28oz can whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 4 tilapia fillets, about 12oz
- Cook your ISOPASTA Penne according to the package directions. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your penne when it is cooked to al dente. Put the pasta on a large serving platter.
- Meanwhile, heat your oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir together to lightly cook the garlic until it is sizzling and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the whole can of tomatoes and their juices into the skillet, and use a spoon or spatula to break the whole tomatoes into little chunks. Bring everything to a simmer, reducing the heat back to medium if you’ve turned it up. As the tomatoes cook, they will soften and become easier to break apart. You want a chunky sauce, so don’t worry about getting every last bit smashed.
- Add the olives and capers, stir everything together, and once the sauce is simmering again on medium heat, gently lay your tilapia fillets on top of the sauce. Cover the pan with a lid and set your timer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, your tilapia should be perfectly cooked. Place the fillets and sauce on top of your ISOPASTA Penne, and sprinkle with the chopped basil. Enjoy!
For more of Chef Kelly’s delicious Low-Carb Recipes, download The Everyday Low-Carb Cookbook today!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 117.3
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 2g
Dietary Fiber 3g
The post ISOPASTA PENNE WITH TILAPIA PUTTANESCA appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.