MEDITERRANEAN SKILLET FISH AND ISOPASTA RICE
When I came across the idea of cooking fish in a skillet on the grill, I was sold. This easily-prepared meal is a real show-stopper to bring to the table, and best of all, it keeps amazingly well. A hearty fish like cod not only has amazing stores of omega-3’s, vitamin B12, and protein, but it keeps remarkably well without drying out from reheating in a microwave. This means that you can enjoy your fish and ISOPASTA Rice all week, stored in our Isolator Fitness Meal Prep Containers, making this a great dish for your health and your meal prep lifestyle!
Drink Recommendation: A cold, crisp Chardonnay will compliment this zesty fish skillet well. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 7.04 oz ISOPASTA Rice
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp capers
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered and drained
- ½ c pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ c caper berries, stems removed
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c chicken stock
- 1 Meyer lemon, sliced
- 4 cod filets of about the same size, about 1 pound total
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your gas grill to about 400˚ and maintain that temperature throughout cooking.
- Cook your ISOPASTA Rice according to the package directions or your preference – I cook mine for at least 30 minutes for great tender texture. Drain the rice and place it in a serving bowl on your table.
- Meanwhile, in a 10” cast iron skillet, arrange the tomatoes, onion, garlic, capers, artichokes, olives, and caper berries. Place the cod fillets on top of this mixture and layer the lemon slices over the fish. Pour the chicken stock over everything, then the olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place the skillet directly on the grill, close the cover, and let it sit in there for 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish. You’ll want to start checking at 15 minutes.
- Carefully, using grill gloves, remove the skillet from the grill and place it on an oven-safe trivet at the table. Serve your fish with your cooked ISOPASTA Rice to soak up all that amazingly tasty sauce – enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 159
Total Fat 17.5g
Saturated Fat 2.4g
Net Carbohydrates 19.6g
The post MEDITERRANEAN SKILLET FISH AND ISOPASTA RICE appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.