Salmon is such a powerhouse when it comes to nutrition. Packed with omega-3’s and protein, it’s always a solid choice. However, finding new ways to prepare it can be difficult, which is why I created this easy dinner that can fit well into your busy weeknight routine. Loaded with antioxidants, miso paste is a great way to add flavor to many dishes, and when combined with protein-rich shitake mushrooms, it creates a perfect savory sauce for our ISOPASTA Rice. Plus, if you’re too rushed during the week, you can make this meal on Sunday night instead. It will reheat beautifully in our Isolator Fitness Meal Prep Containers to be ready to eat whenever you are.
Drink Recommendation: Have an ice cold cup of sake to compliment the sake marinade in this Asian-inspired meal. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
For Salmon Marinade:
- 2 oz white (shiro) miso paste
- 4 oz sake
- 1 lb salmon
For Miso Mushroom Rice:
- 7.04 oz ISOPASTA Rice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 oz sliced shitake mushrooms
- 4 oz white (shiro) miso paste
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk
- In a small bowl, whisk together the miso paste and sake. Pour this into a shallow dish, and place your salmon (skin side up) on top of the marinade. Alternatively, if your salmon is skinless, you can marinate the salmon in a freezer bag. Let the salmon marinate in your fridge for anywhere between 1 hour and a whole day.
- When ready to bake your salmon, preheat your oven to 350˚. Place the salmon, skin side down, on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how well done you prefer your salmon.
- Meanwhile, cook your ISOPASTA Rice according to the package directions. When cooked, drain your rice and set aside in a serving dish.
- While the salmon is baking and the ISOPASTA Rice is boiling, heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the shitakes and sauté until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the miso paste and almond milk. Stir this into your mushrooms and bring to a simmer.
- Once the mushroom sauce is heated through, pour it over your ISOPASTA Rice in the serving dish, and stir to incorporate the sauce and rice. Serve your salmon over top of the mushroom rice and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 169
Total Fat 18.6g
Saturated Fat 2.1g
Net Carbohydrates 16.4g
The post MISO-SAKE MARINATED SALMON WITH MISO SHITAKE ISOPASTA RICE appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.