Rich in omega-3’s and protein, this tasty salmon will teach you a new technique for flavorful fish grilling that couldn’t be easier. Complimented by any of our ISOPASTA recipes or my favorite Cauliflower Puree, this Asian-inspired main dish is sure to become a family favorite.
Wine Recommendation: Salmon is a hearty fish that pairs well with a light red wine. A Beaujolais Nouveau will go beautifully with this healthful dish. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 1 lb skin-on salmon filet
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ c Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 2 tbsp garlic-infused oil
- 1” piece fresh ginger root, peeled and finely grated
- In a shallow dish, whisk together all ingredients except salmon. Place the salmon in the dish, skin side up, and spoon the marinade onto the sides so that all non-skin parts of the salmon are coated with marinade. Place in the fridge for 1-3 hours.
- Preheat your grill to around 400˚. Place the salmon skin side down on the grill and turn off the burner under the salmon for indirect heat grilling. Keep the grill covered.
- Don’t throw away that great marinade! Give it a quick zap until bubbly in the microwave and serve it as a sauce for your salmon.
- At this point, you will need to judge how long you will cook your salmon, based on what kind of grill you have and how well done you like your salmon. (I prefer my salmon slightly on the rare side.) When the salmon is done to your liking, simply slip a grill spatula between the salmon meat and the salmon skin and slide the spatula gently along the length of the filet. This will quickly and easily separate your salmon from its skin.
- Carefully set your salmon on a serving platter, leaving the skin behind on the grill. (The skin will be easier to clean up once it’s dried and cool.) Serve this tasty salmon with the microwaved marinade and your favorite ISOPASTA or Cauliflower Puree and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 209
Total Fat 23.2g
Saturated Fat 3g
Dietary Fiber 0g
The post SWEET AND SAVORY GRILLED SALMON appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.