Meatballs can be tricky – loaded with breadcrumbs and fat, they may taste great, but they’re not so great for you. My version uses lean ground turkey breast to give you a low-fat, low-cal, low-carb meatball that tastes amazing with our incredible ISOPASTA. Best of all, these meatballs freeze beautifully, so you can make a double or triple batch to have ready to stir into your favorite pasta sauce whenever you want!
Wine Recommendation: The wine you ultimately choose will depend on your sauce. On their own, though, these lovely little meatballs go well with a mellow Malbec. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 350˚.
- In a mixing bowl, with a large fork, mash and mix together all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Using a one tablespoon ice cream scoop or melon baller, scoop out 25 evenly sized meatballs, rounding them with your hands.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly space the meatballs on it. Bake the meatballs in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until they reach an internal temperature of 165˚. It’s important that you watch and check the meatballs often, as oven temperatures can vary. Ground turkey breast doesn’t have much fat and if overcooked, you’ll wind up with some very dry meatballs! Be sure to pull them as soon as they hit the right temperature for a juicy, delicious result.
- Serve these tasty little meatballs with your favorite ISOPASTA and sauce, and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Meatball
Calories from Fat4
Total Fat 0.4g
Saturated Fat 0g
Net Carbohydrates 0.3g
The post TURKEY MEATBALLS appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.
Also in ISO
With the holiday’s coming up, you may be having trouble trying to fit everything you need to get done into your day. But that doesn’t mean that you can skip out on your workouts. Skipping workouts now is a slippery slope that not only puts a stop to your current progress, but may also make future progress more difficult to achieve. This time of year it’s easy to get caught up in overeating, poor sleep schedules and over booking your time. This 15 minute HIIT workout will help you to stay on track with your daily workouts even when you feel like you have no time though. Because although you may have to shorten your workouts a few days this holiday season, there’s no reason to skip them all together.
It’s the holiday season and among all of the hustle and bustle there’s one chore that you just can’t afford to put on the back burner until the very last minute. And that’s planning your holiday menu. Planning a healthy holiday menu is one of the best ways to ensure that you stay on track during the holidays with your healthy eating. The best part is that thanks to this list of delicious christmas recipes, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from without having to worry about skimping on flavor.
The holidays have become associated with overeating and overindulgence. They have become a time to sit around with family and friends stuffing yourself full of goodies that you spend most of the rest of the year avoiding, while avoiding the activities you spend most of the rest of the year pursuing. It should not come as much of a surprise then that continuing your workout routine during the holiday season will help you save yourself from overindulging on all of the goodies around you. There are in fact a few different ways in which daily exercise saves you from overindulging during the holidays.