UGLY DUCKLING SOUP
I call this my Ugly Duckling soup – it may not be pretty to look at, but it sure is tasty! What it lacks in looks, it makes up for in a huge amount of protein and flavor. The ingredients are simple, and you can use my savory turkey meatball recipe to add even more deliciousness to your dinner.
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 4 servings cooked ISOPASTA Rice (7.04 oz dried)
- 4 c chicken stock
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- ½ c grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 12 turkey meatballs, cut into quarters (nutrition facts use my meatball recipe)
- In a pot, heat the stock and garlic until simmering.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, whites, and cheese until well blended.
- In a serving bowl, place your cooked ISOPASTA Rice and meatballs.
- Making sure your stock is at a low simmer, slowly pour the egg mixture into the stock and let it sit for about 30 seconds. Carefully and gently stir the soup until the egg is cooked, about 1 minute. It will look grainy.
- Pour your stock and egg mixture over the rice and meatballs and enjoy! Remember – appearances can be deceiving – this soup is a little ugly on the outside but delicious on the inside!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 115
Total Fat 12.5g
Saturated Fat 4.4g
Net Carbohydrates 10.4g
The post UGLY DUCKLING SOUP appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.
Also in ISO
Dinner, a movie, some flowers and chocolates. This is the recipe for every boring, cliche, overplayed, not to mention unhealthy, Valentine’s Day date ever created. This Valentine’s Day why not mix it up a little bit, and add a little bit of fitness fun to your celebratory festivities. It doesn’t matter if you live in a cold or warm climate, there are always outdoor fitness options. And if you prefer indoor activities, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered there too. Afterall once you’ve found your swolemate, it should be nothing but the best for you and them.
With the holiday’s coming up, you may be having trouble trying to fit everything you need to get done into your day. But that doesn’t mean that you can skip out on your workouts. Skipping workouts now is a slippery slope that not only puts a stop to your current progress, but may also make future progress more difficult to achieve. This time of year it’s easy to get caught up in overeating, poor sleep schedules and over booking your time. This 15 minute HIIT workout will help you to stay on track with your daily workouts even when you feel like you have no time though. Because although you may have to shorten your workouts a few days this holiday season, there’s no reason to skip them all together.
It’s the holiday season and among all of the hustle and bustle there’s one chore that you just can’t afford to put on the back burner until the very last minute. And that’s planning your holiday menu. Planning a healthy holiday menu is one of the best ways to ensure that you stay on track during the holidays with your healthy eating. The best part is that thanks to this list of delicious christmas recipes, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from without having to worry about skimping on flavor.