I call this my Ugly Duckling soup – it may not be pretty to look at, but it sure is tasty! What it lacks in looks, it makes up for in a huge amount of protein and flavor. The ingredients are simple, and you can use my savory turkey meatball recipe to add even more deliciousness to your dinner.
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 4 servings cooked ISOPASTA Rice (7.04 oz dried)
- 4 c chicken stock
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- ½ c grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 12 turkey meatballs, cut into quarters (nutrition facts use my meatball recipe)
- In a pot, heat the stock and garlic until simmering.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, whites, and cheese until well blended.
- In a serving bowl, place your cooked ISOPASTA Rice and meatballs.
- Making sure your stock is at a low simmer, slowly pour the egg mixture into the stock and let it sit for about 30 seconds. Carefully and gently stir the soup until the egg is cooked, about 1 minute. It will look grainy.
- Pour your stock and egg mixture over the rice and meatballs and enjoy! Remember – appearances can be deceiving – this soup is a little ugly on the outside but delicious on the inside!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 115
Total Fat 12.5g
Saturated Fat 4.4g
Net Carbohydrates 10.4g
The post UGLY DUCKLING SOUP appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.