This sweet, nutty salmon is one of my family’s favorites. With a quick walnut topping and a little time in the oven, this easy meal is also amazing for your meal prep lifestyle. The salmon will stay moist and beautiful in your Isolator Fitness Meal Prep containers, so go ahead and make a big batch for your week. It tops a salad well, pairs fantastically with our ISOPASTA, and is great just on its own.
Wine Recommendation: Take it light and Italian with this salmon dish – a Lambrusco will pair well. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 1 lb skin-on salmon filet
- ½ c walnuts
- 1/8 c maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 325˚ and line a small baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a small food processor, grind together walnuts, syrup, pepper and salt until they form a chunky paste.
- Place your salmon skin side down on the prepared baking sheet and smoothly spread the walnut paste over the top of the salmon.
- Bake your salmon for 20-25 minutes, depending on how well done you prefer your salmon. (I like mine more on the rare side and usually go with around 20 minutes if the filet isn’t super thick.)
- When the salmon is done to your liking, remove it from the oven and simply slip a thin metal spatula between the salmon meat and the salmon skin and slide the spatula gently along the length of the filet. This will quickly and easily separate your salmon from its skin.
- Carefully set your salmon on a serving platter and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat174
Total Fat 19.3g
Saturated Fat 2g
Net Carbohydrates 7.1g
The post WALNUT-CRUSTED SALMON appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.
Also in ISO
With the holiday’s coming up, you may be having trouble trying to fit everything you need to get done into your day. But that doesn’t mean that you can skip out on your workouts. Skipping workouts now is a slippery slope that not only puts a stop to your current progress, but may also make future progress more difficult to achieve. This time of year it’s easy to get caught up in overeating, poor sleep schedules and over booking your time. This 15 minute HIIT workout will help you to stay on track with your daily workouts even when you feel like you have no time though. Because although you may have to shorten your workouts a few days this holiday season, there’s no reason to skip them all together.
It’s the holiday season and among all of the hustle and bustle there’s one chore that you just can’t afford to put on the back burner until the very last minute. And that’s planning your holiday menu. Planning a healthy holiday menu is one of the best ways to ensure that you stay on track during the holidays with your healthy eating. The best part is that thanks to this list of delicious christmas recipes, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from without having to worry about skimping on flavor.
The holidays have become associated with overeating and overindulgence. They have become a time to sit around with family and friends stuffing yourself full of goodies that you spend most of the rest of the year avoiding, while avoiding the activities you spend most of the rest of the year pursuing. It should not come as much of a surprise then that continuing your workout routine during the holiday season will help you save yourself from overindulging on all of the goodies around you. There are in fact a few different ways in which daily exercise saves you from overindulging during the holidays.