Healthy Pasta Recipes
Kale Pasta Salad
Take this easy to make Kale Pasta Salad to your next potluck dinner and impress your friends with your culinary prowess, even if you're an amateur in the kitchen.
- 16oz Fusilli ISOPASTA
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup black olive, drained and cut in half
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup chopped kale
- 2 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 small shallot, peeled
- 1/2 cup Parmesan-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring a large pot a salted water to a boil. Add garlic and shallot and boil for 4 minutes. Stir in 2 cup of kale and cook for another 15 seconds. Don’t overcook. Working quickly, use a slotted spoon or strainer to fish the kale, garlic and shallot from the water and transfer them to the bowl of a food processor.
- Puree the ingredients, together with the Parmesan-Reggiano cheese and water (add more water to thin out if needed) until it reaches a creamy consistency.
Return water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions; drain into a colander and run under cold water for a couple of minutes to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over high heat, add the remaining 4 cups of kale all at once and stir-fry until just wilted and tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, tomatoes, black olives, stir-fried kale and feta (if using).
Stir in the kale dressing and toss well. Taste and adjust with salt if needed.
You can serve this pasta salad immediately or you can also keep it in the fridge and serve it the next day.
Prepare this dish when your craving salt in your diet. Since it gets its salty flavor from the addition of anchovies you won't get an abundance of sodium but you'll easily squelch your cravings.
- 16 ounces Rice ISOPASTA
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 anchovies, rinsed and chopped
- 2 (28 oz.) can whole tomatoes and their juice
- 1 cup chopped, pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 2 cup freshly chopped arugula
- Parmesan cheese, crumbled w/fork
- Basil leaves
- Fresh arugula (optional)
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water with salt until barely al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add red onion, garlic, anchovies, and red bell pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant and onion is slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their juice, break them up a bit. Stir in capers and olives. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer until thickened, approx 8-10 min. Stir in arugula and simmer for a minute until slightly wilted.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to skillet, tossing it with sauce to combine. Top with crumbled cheese and torn basil.
Spicy Stir-Fry with Vegetables
A vegetarian option with a kick. This spicy stir fry is a stroke of culinary genius with it's mixture of vegetables, protein packed ISOPASTA and spicy chilies, it's got something for everyone.
- 2 Packs of ISOPASTA High Protein Rice
- 4 tablespoon sesame seed
- 8 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 10-12 fresh red chilies, minced (use per your taste)
- 4 onion, halved and sliced
- 4 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 4 small red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 small yellow bell pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 16 baby corns, halved lengthwise
- 16 baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 16 snow peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 8 tablespoons spring onion, thinly sliced
- lime wedges, for squeezing
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 8 tablespoons low sodium ketchup
- 4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoon chili garlic paste
- 4 tablespoon vegetable stock (or use water)
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Follow directions For making ISOPASTA
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients in a jug or large bowl, and whisk to blend.
- Heat the wok or skillet until very hot. Add the sesame seeds and stir-fry over high heat until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Reheat the wok and add the oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry onions over high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly tender. Tip in ginger, garlic and chili, and stir-fry for 10 seconds.
- Add all the vegetables and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Then add a splash of stock to the wok and cover to create some steam. Cook for a minute, or until vegetables are just heated through and still crunchy.
- Increase the heat to high, and stir in half the sauce. Tip in noodles with the remaining sauces, and spring onions, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, and stir around until everything is blended and the noodles are heated through.
- Transfer to bowls and top with sesame seeds. Serve with hot sauce and lime wedges on the side
ISOPASTA Penne and Spinach a la Vodka
Look no farther for you meatless monday meal option. This delicious medley of spinach, tomatoes, and ISOPASTA is a splendid vegetarian friendly meal choice.
- 36 ounces ISOPASTA Penne
- 24 ounces baby (or coarsely chopped) fresh spinach
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia
- 9 medium garlic cloves
- 3 cup each: vodka and chicken broth
- 3 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- Bring 5-6 quarts of salted water to boil in a large soup kettle. Using times on ISOPASTA bag as a guide, add pasta and cook, partially covered and stirring frequently at first to prevent sticking, until just tender. Add spinach to the boiling pasta the last few minutes of cooking. Reserving 1 cup of pasta water, drain Penne and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add vodka; bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half. Add broth and tomatoes; return to a simmer and stir in baking soda. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer to pasta sauce consistency, about 15 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk and simmer to blend flavors, 3 to 4 minutes longer. Add 2/3 of the sauce to drained pasta; toss to coat. Serve, topping each portion with additional sauce and a sprinkling of cheese
Toasted Walnut Spinach Pesto
This pesto recipe is an incredibly quick and easy solution to your dinner dilemma. The baked walnuts give it a uniquely toasty flavor that provides a slendid pairing to freshly made ISOPASTA.
- 4 cup packed Baby Spinach Leaves
- 4 clove fresh Garlic
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/3 cup Walnuts
- half Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lay nuts on a cookie sheet in a single layer and bake for about 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. They are ready when fragrant and slightly browned.
- Whiz all ingredients up in a high powered blender or food processor. Pesto will stay fresh in the fridge for a few days. Store in a tightly sealed container with some plastic wrap over the top of the pesto to help prevent browning
Slow Cook Turkey Bolognese Sauce
Slowly cooking bolognese sauce over a low heat is the only way to extract the maximum amount of flavoring but most people don't have that kind of time, which is why this slow cooker recipe is perfect for busy lifestyles.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 6 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 6 medium onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pound ground turkey
- 1 ½ cup red wine
- 3 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 bay leafs
- 9 cups crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- a few sprigs fresh basil
- Heat oil in a large saute pan on medium. Add carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Saute until onions are a little brown/translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink, breaking up pieces.
- Add red wine and continue cooking until there is no more liquid in the pan.
- Spoon meat into crockpot. Add thyme, bay leaf, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 4-6 hours.
- Add fresh basil sprigs half an hour before serving