Healthy Pasta Recipes
Baked Vegetable Ziti
This dish includes a savory blend of ISOPASTA, marinara sauce, cheese and delectable veggies that is sure to become a family favorite.
- cooking spray or oil mister
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 16 oz. button or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 16 oz. Penne ISOPASTA
- 2 large jar marinara sauce
- 30 oz. container of fat-free ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c. reduced-fat Italian blend cheese (or mozzarella)
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2, 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray or oil mister.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and mushrooms and cook until softened and liquid has boiled off, about 7 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta, marinara sauce, ricotta, salt, and pepper to skillet with vegetables. Stir until well combined.
- Pour pasta mixture into baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake for 40 minutes.about 30 min in keep tabs for bubbling. Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if desired.
Move over "Hamburger Helper" you've met your match and been brutally beaten by ISOPASTA's high protein, low carb, great tasting alternative.
- 2 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 cup cold water
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups ISOPASTA Penne, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1 1/2 garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground meat in a skillet over medium heat until almost done
- Add in onions and cook until tender.
- Drain and return to skillet
- Add the rest of ingredients except for the 2 cheeses
- Stir to combine
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat, cover and cook until pasta is done*, stirring occasionally
- *See package of pasta for approximate time
- DO NOT overcook pasta
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses. Sauce may be thin
- Let sit for the sauce thicken
- (optional) Add hot sauce or taco seasonings for variety