3 Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas
A complete, nutritious breakfast is key to any diet. In fact, most of us would say that it is the most important meal of the day. But making the right food to fuel day as soon as you get out of bed can be a hassle. Cereal and breakfast bars are easy but full of sugar and processed ingredients. But, did you know that just 30 minutes of meal prep can get you all the vitamins and energy you need in the morning? Check out these satisfying and delicious meal prep ideas:
Three Meal Prep Breakfast Recipes to Energize Your Day
Nordic Breakfast Porridge
What better way to start the day than with a delicious, healthy, and beautiful bowl of Nordic breakfast porridge. What makes this low-carb breakfast meal prep recipe so great is its versatility. Plus, with the infinite topping combinations, you can try, each bowl will taste like a different recipe!
- 1 cup barley flakes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 pint raspberries
- Ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Take a saucepan and boil the milk and barley flakes over medium heat.
- After it has boiled, reduce the heat and simmer for around 15 minutes.
- Next, stir in the honey, butter, and salt.
- Smash the raspberries in a small bowl.
- Serve the porridge in a bowl then neatly place the toppings however you like.
Avocado, Toast, and Egg Recipe
Eating well-rounded dishes that fill you up is the goal of meal prepping. Our Egg and Avocado Toast provides all the protein, healthy fats, and carbs that your body needs in one savory dish. While many people make it for breakfast, this toast is also a perfect midday snack to eat at work or school. Be sure to keep your toast fresh with on our airtight, BPA-free Meal Prep Storage Containers.
- 1-ounce avocado, mashed
- Kosher salt
- 1 slice whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1 large egg
- Black pepper
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Take a small bowl and mash the avocado. Then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the egg on a non-stick skillet over low heat.
- Place the mashed avocado over the toast then top off with the egg.
- Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce if desired.
Veggie-Packed Breakfast Frittata
We all have to eat our vegetables, but who gets excited about doing it? Now you can enjoy them by making our Veggie-Packed Breakfast Frittata. This hearty meal has all the essential vitamins and nutrients you need to start and finish the day strong, or as a healthy snack in between.
Tip: Heading out of town? This is the perfect dish for travel! Use an insulated bag while traveling to ensure freshness. If you are looking for a lunch bag with superior cooling powers, check out the ISOCUBE by Isolator Fitness Inc. This state-of-the-art cooler bag keeps meals fresh for up to 16 hours!
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat the oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium to high heat.
- Sauté the bell peppers and onion for around 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low then throw in the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently stir until the vegetables are evenly distributed.
- Bake for around 13 to 15 minutes.
- Slice then serve!
Want to make the most of these breakfast meal prep recipes? Read our comprehensive meal prepping guide here at IsolatorFitness.com:
Ironically, the most important meal of the day is often the most forgotten one. If you want to be at your best both inside and outside the gym, you need to take breakfast more seriously. Never sacrifice your health just to save a few minutes. Creating a healthy, well-balanced diet suited to your goals is the key to maximizing the benefits of working out. Try these recipes today to get more energy and better results!