BLUEBERRY CARDAMOM OVERNIGHT OATMEAL
I recently had an early morning flight to catch, and I knew I wasn’t going to love the airport breakfast (or worse, in-flight!) options available at 6AM. I took literally a few minutes the afternoon before my trip to whip up a batch of my personal favorite overnight oatmeal. I packed it in a disposable container, packed a disposable spoon in some napkins, and stored my toasted walnuts in a Ziploc bag – nothing I needed to worry about washing out or saving when I got off the flight. Let’s just say I was “that girl” on the plane, while everyone else was reluctantly chowing down on their free pretzels. This breakfast is so tasty, so good for you, and so filling; pop this lovely start to your day in your ISOBAG and become the envy of other travelers.
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- ¼ c old fashioned oats (do NOT use quick oats for this unless you want a mushy mess!)
- ½ c unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/8 c finely chopped banana
- 1/8 c dried blueberries (it is important to use dried, not fresh, as they will reconstitute overnight)
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 c chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a dry pan (or in your toaster oven on some foil), toast your walnuts, shaking the pan often, until they are fragrant and tan. Let the walnuts cool completely and store in an airtight bag or container.
- Meanwhile, mix all remaining ingredients in an airtight container until well combined.
- Store the oatmeal in the fridge overnight. When you’re ready for breakfast, give your oatmeal a stir, sprinkle your toasted walnuts over it, and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 serving
Calories from Fat 112
Total Fat 12.4g
Saturated Fat 0.9g
Net Carbohydrates 24.4g
The post BLUEBERRY CARDAMOM OVERNIGHT OATMEAL appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.