The first meal of the day is the optimal time for bodybuilders to get the nutrition they need to enhance stamina and endurance for the day. Your breakfast should consist of protein-packed packed, nutrient-rich food your body needs for physical strength. If you are looking to build muscle mass check out these bodybuilding breakfast recipes below!
Eggs, Eggs, and More Eggs
You can’t go wrong with this superfood for breakfast. Eggs give you endless possibilities for a protein-packed breakfast. This spinach omelet dish is not only good for you but it is also delicious!
- 3 whole eggs
- ½ onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup spinach
- Chop onion
- Place a frying pan/skillet on the stove and lightly coat with olive oil
- Heat pan to medium high and add onions to pan for about 3 minutes.
- Whisk 3 eggs into a small bowl and set aside
- Add spinach to pan for about a minute
- Add eggs, as they solidify, tilt the pan and use a spatula to gently fold the omelet. Cook evenly on both sides.
More Eggs...Keep it simple. Grab a skillet or pan, lightly coat with coconut oil or olive oil. Whip up any of these egg combinations: Scrambled Eggs and Turkey Bacon, Tomato and Basil Omelet, Black Bean and Spinach Omelet, Eggs with Smoked Salmon.
Oatmeal is low in fat and cholesterol, and provides high-levels of fiber. The starchy carbohydrates in oatmeal give you sustainable energy throughout your day. If you are looking to maximize your morning workout then you’ll love this recipe.
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
- ½ cup of rolled oats or steel cut oats
- 1 ½ cups water or 2% milk
- ½ banana
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Bring water (or milk) to a boil in a saucepan.
- Stir in oats, reduce heat to medium low
- Simmer uncovered about 25 mins, stirring occasionally. Check to make sure oats are tender and have absorbed all the liquid in the saucepan.
- While the oats are hot, add banana and peanut butter and mix.
Cottage cheese contains casein, which helps breakdown and absorb nutrients so you can build more muscle! Whether you use this recipe for breakfast, snack, or before bed cottage cheese is a bodybuilders best friend.
Raspberry Cottage Cheese
- 1 ¼ cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1tbsp honey
- Granola (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together cottage cheese and honey
- Add berries to the bowl, stir gently
- Top with granola for extra flavor!
Whey Protein Shake
If you are looking to gain a little extra muscle, Whey Protein Shake is it! This quick recipe is the perfect breakfast for a busy morning.
- 1 mounded scoop of protein powder
- 12 oz. cold water or milk
- ¼ cup raspberry or blackberry
- Add powder, water or milk, fruit of choice to blender
- Thoroughly blend
Blueberry Chia Pudding
Not only does this drink provide protein but it also packs fiber and other key vitamins you need. Both the blueberry and chia seeds are antioxidants that will boost your immune system. Be mindful this dish does need to sit a couple hours for optimal texture.
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut
- 2 oz blueberries
- Combine coconut milk and water in a bowl and stir
- Add chia seeds and coconut gently mix and let sit for about 2 hours
- Top with blueberries
Looking for pre/post workout food ideas?
Check out https://isolatorfitness.com/blogs/iso/pre-post-workout-food