Cream Cheese Brownies
CREAM CHEESE SWIRL BROWNIES
Yes, you read that right! These luscious, deep, dark chocolate brownies can easily fit into your healthy lifestyle for a sweet indulgence that won’t leave you feeling weighed down. Avocado brownies have been popular for a while, but I wanted to take them a step further with the addition of a sweet cream cheese swirl. Using Neufchatel (low-fat cream cheese) in place of full-fat cream cheese and maple syrup to sweeten this dessert takes away all the trappings of refined sugars and heavy fats. With more protein than your typical brownies, these low-calorie treats are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
I hope you enjoy this sweet addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 1 avocado
- ½ c unsweetened applesauce
- 3/8 c maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- ¼ c almond flour
- ¼ c soy flour
- ½ c unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
For Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 4 oz Neufchatel (low fat cream cheese), softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 350˚ and spray a 9×9 square pan with your favorite nonstick spray.
- In a food processor, blend together the avocado, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla until no lumps remain and the mixture is smooth. Scrape the avocado mixture into a mixing bowl and whisk in the eggs.
- Add the flours, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and hemp seeds, and stir briskly until the mixture is smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream cheese filling ingredients until very well blended.
- Spread about 2/3 of the brownie batter in the prepared pan and top with all the cream cheese mixture. Dollop the extra brownie batter on top of this and spread it a little to give the brownies a marbled effect.
- Bake your brownies for around 25-28 minutes, depending on your oven. The brownies are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Don’t overbake them or you risk turning the cream cheese filling into a baked egg custard! It’s ok if the cream cheese is still a little gooey when you take them out.
- Let cool completely, cut into 16 squares, and enjoy! Be sure to store these delicious brownies in the fridge – they will fit beautifully into your Isolator Fitness Meal Prep Containers.
For more of Chef Kelly’s Healthy Recipes, download her Cookbook FREE today on our website!
Serving Size 1 Brownie
Calories from Fat 60
Total Fat 6.7g
Saturated Fat 2.1g
Dietary Fiber 2.2g
The post Cream Cheese Brownies appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.
Also in ISO
Dinner, a movie, some flowers and chocolates. This is the recipe for every boring, cliche, overplayed, not to mention unhealthy, Valentine’s Day date ever created. This Valentine’s Day why not mix it up a little bit, and add a little bit of fitness fun to your celebratory festivities. It doesn’t matter if you live in a cold or warm climate, there are always outdoor fitness options. And if you prefer indoor activities, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered there too. Afterall once you’ve found your swolemate, it should be nothing but the best for you and them.
With the holiday’s coming up, you may be having trouble trying to fit everything you need to get done into your day. But that doesn’t mean that you can skip out on your workouts. Skipping workouts now is a slippery slope that not only puts a stop to your current progress, but may also make future progress more difficult to achieve. This time of year it’s easy to get caught up in overeating, poor sleep schedules and over booking your time. This 15 minute HIIT workout will help you to stay on track with your daily workouts even when you feel like you have no time though. Because although you may have to shorten your workouts a few days this holiday season, there’s no reason to skip them all together.
It’s the holiday season and among all of the hustle and bustle there’s one chore that you just can’t afford to put on the back burner until the very last minute. And that’s planning your holiday menu. Planning a healthy holiday menu is one of the best ways to ensure that you stay on track during the holidays with your healthy eating. The best part is that thanks to this list of delicious christmas recipes, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from without having to worry about skimping on flavor.