CREAM CHEESE SWIRL BROWNIES
Yes, you read that right! These luscious, deep, dark chocolate brownies can easily fit into your healthy lifestyle for a sweet indulgence that won’t leave you feeling weighed down. Avocado brownies have been popular for a while, but I wanted to take them a step further with the addition of a sweet cream cheese swirl. Using Neufchatel (low-fat cream cheese) in place of full-fat cream cheese and maple syrup to sweeten this dessert takes away all the trappings of refined sugars and heavy fats. With more protein than your typical brownies, these low-calorie treats are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
I hope you enjoy this sweet addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 1 avocado
- ½ c unsweetened applesauce
- 3/8 c maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- ¼ c almond flour
- ¼ c soy flour
- ½ c unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
For Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 4 oz Neufchatel (low fat cream cheese), softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 350˚ and spray a 9×9 square pan with your favorite nonstick spray.
- In a food processor, blend together the avocado, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla until no lumps remain and the mixture is smooth. Scrape the avocado mixture into a mixing bowl and whisk in the eggs.
- Add the flours, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and hemp seeds, and stir briskly until the mixture is smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream cheese filling ingredients until very well blended.
- Spread about 2/3 of the brownie batter in the prepared pan and top with all the cream cheese mixture. Dollop the extra brownie batter on top of this and spread it a little to give the brownies a marbled effect.
- Bake your brownies for around 25-28 minutes, depending on your oven. The brownies are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Don’t over bake them or you risk turning the cream cheese filling into a baked egg custard! It’s ok if the cream cheese is still a little gooey when you take them out.
- Let cool completely, cut into 16 squares, and enjoy! Be sure to store these delicious brownies in the fridge – they will fit beautifully into your Isolator Fitness Meal Prep Containers.
For more of Chef Kelly’s Healthy Recipes, download her Cookbook FREE today on our website!
Serving Size 1 Brownie
Calories from Fat 60
Total Fat 6.7g
Saturated Fat 2.1g
Dietary Fiber 2.2g
The post Cream Cheese Brownies appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.