FRENCH ONION DIP FUSILLI
Your favorite dip meets your favorite fusilli in this savory ISOPASTA dish! Sweet, caramelized onions and tangy Greek yogurt add big flavor to our low-carb ISOPASTA Fusilli, while still keeping the calories and fat much lower than your typical party dip and chips. Plus, you can always layer your favorite protein on top of this delicious dinner for even more nutritional benefits.
Wine Recommendation: A cold, crisp Pinot Grigio will pair well with this succulent supper. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 7.04 oz ISOPASTA Fusilli
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ c Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 c 2% Greek Yogurt
- ½ c pasta cooking water
- Cook ISOPASTA Fusilli according to package directions. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your fusilli when it is cooked to al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat your olive oil over medium. Add the onions and sauté them, stirring often, until they are deeply caramelized. They should be a glossy tan/brown color. You may need to turn your heat down to medium low, depending on your stove, if they are browning too quickly. This should take around 20-25 minutes. Don’t rush it – good caramelized onions take time!
- While your onions are cooking and your pasta is boiling, whisk all remaining ingredients together until well blended. (You can simply dip a measuring cup into your pasta to get the ½ c pasta water out.)
- When the onions and pasta are done, stir them into your sauce and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 190
Total Fat 20.9g
Saturated Fat 5.7g
Net Carbohydrates 19.4g
The post FRENCH ONION DIP FUSILLI appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.
Also in ISO
With the holiday’s coming up, you may be having trouble trying to fit everything you need to get done into your day. But that doesn’t mean that you can skip out on your workouts. Skipping workouts now is a slippery slope that not only puts a stop to your current progress, but may also make future progress more difficult to achieve. This time of year it’s easy to get caught up in overeating, poor sleep schedules and over booking your time. This 15 minute HIIT workout will help you to stay on track with your daily workouts even when you feel like you have no time though. Because although you may have to shorten your workouts a few days this holiday season, there’s no reason to skip them all together.
It’s the holiday season and among all of the hustle and bustle there’s one chore that you just can’t afford to put on the back burner until the very last minute. And that’s planning your holiday menu. Planning a healthy holiday menu is one of the best ways to ensure that you stay on track during the holidays with your healthy eating. The best part is that thanks to this list of delicious christmas recipes, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from without having to worry about skimping on flavor.
The holidays have become associated with overeating and overindulgence. They have become a time to sit around with family and friends stuffing yourself full of goodies that you spend most of the rest of the year avoiding, while avoiding the activities you spend most of the rest of the year pursuing. It should not come as much of a surprise then that continuing your workout routine during the holiday season will help you save yourself from overindulging on all of the goodies around you. There are in fact a few different ways in which daily exercise saves you from overindulging during the holidays.