GRILLED CHICKEN MARINADE
Chicken is always a good high-protein, low-carb option, but sometimes the store-bought marinades can be deceptively high in sugar, sodium, and carbs. I’m confident you’ll love my flavorful marinade that takes almost no time to throw together and will be better for you and your family than all the heavily processed alternatives.
Wine Recommendation: The acidic notes in this tangy marinade will pair well with an easy-drinking, mellow Merlot.
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (should have 8 total)
- 1 c apple cider vinegar
- ¼ c ketchup
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c garlic oil
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, whisk together all ingredients except chicken. Place the chicken in a freezer bag, pour over the marinade, and seal the bag, pressing as much air out as possible. Refrigerate overnight.
- Thirty to sixty minutes before you are ready to grill, take your chicken out of the fridge to get it to room temperature. This will help it remain juicier on the grill as the temperature change between a hot grill and cold meat won’t be so extreme.
- Preheat your grill to around 400˚. Place the chicken on the grill and turn off the burner(s) under the chicken for indirect heat grilling. Keep the grill covered.
- At this point, you will need to judge how long you will grill your chicken, based on what kind of grill you have. Make sure you flip your chicken about halfway through the cooking time. A good way to know when to flip the chicken is when it lifts off the grates easily with no sticking.
- When done to your liking, remove the chicken from the grill onto a serving platter and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 41
Total Fat 4.5g
Saturated Fat 1.6g
Dietary Fiber 0g
The post GRILLED CHICKEN MARINADE appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.