ISOPASTA PENNE WITH RASPBERRY WALNUT SALMON
Get ready for an ISOfam favorite that I’m very excited to share with you! Featuring ISOPASTA Penne, this protein-packed meal is also packed with flavor. I’ve added capers to give a salty accent without all the sodium, while red onion and dill lend herbaceous notes to this savory dish. Replacing your typical extra virgin olive oil with a walnut oil gives you even more richness without added fat, and raspberry vinegar adds a sweet note to the omega-3-rich salmon.
Wine Recommendation: I love a hearty (red) Zinfandel with this luscious salmon penne. The hints of raspberry in the wine will bring out even more of that sweet raspberry flavor in your meal. Cheers!
- 7.04oz ISOPASTA Penne
- 1 lb skin-on salmon
- ½ c red onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp minced dill
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat your oven to 325˚ and line a baking sheet with foil. Place the salmon on the baking sheet and mist with a little olive oil from a Misto. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked to your preference. Using a metal spatula, carefully get in between the salmon skin and the salmon meat. Gently slide your spatula down the whole filet and lift up the salmon onto a plate. This should leave the salmon skin on the foil in one easy step!
- Meanwhile, cook ISOPASTA Penne according to package directions. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your penne when it is cooked to al dente. Put the pasta in a large serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the walnut oil, raspberry vinegar, salt, and pepper until emulsified.
- Shred the baked salmon and mix it, the vinaigrette, and all remaining ingredients with the pasta. Enjoy!
For more of Chef Kelly’s delicious Low-Carb Recipes, download your FREE copy of The Everyday Low-Carb Cookbook today!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 100
Total Fat 10.9g
Saturated Fat 1.1g
Dietary Fiber 5.0g
The post ISOPASTA PENNE WITH RASPBERRY WALNUT SALMON appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.