Penne with vodka sauce is a classic, but it’s usually loaded with fat, butter, and cream. My version of this favorite is not only low-carb, thanks to our delicious ISOPASTA Penne, but also low-fat and low-cal. Tender shrimp add some extra protein and make this meal a real treat. Plus, this is an easy recipe that won’t take you any time at all to get a great dinner on the table – what could be better?
Drink Recommendation: Shake up an ice cold vodka martini to enjoy with this tasty pasta dinner. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 1 bag (5 servings) ISOPASTA Penne
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed in a garlic press
- 1 large shallot, minced
- ¾ c vodka
- 1 c chicken stock
- 32 oz can crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ c fat free Fromage Blanc (Vermont Creamery makes a good one)
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 1 lb 31-40 ct shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 c grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Cook your ISOPASTA Penne according to the package directions. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your penne when it is cooked to al dente. Place your pasta in a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat your oil over medium heat and sauté your garlic and shallots for 3-4 minutes, or until the shallots become translucent and tender.
- Carefully pour in your vodka, and stir it around with the garlic and shallots. Let everything simmer for 5 minutes, and then pour in the chicken stock and crushed tomatoes.
- Let the vodka sauce simmer for another five minutes, then stir in your shrimp and let them cook in the sauce until just pink. Stir in the Fromage Blanc, basil, and Parmigiano-Reggiano, and make sure everything is well incorporated into the sauce.
- Pour your vodka sauce over the penne, stir to blend, and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 87
Total Fat 9.5g
Saturated Fat 1.8g
Net Carbohydrates 17.6g
The post ISOPASTA PENNE WITH VODKA SAUCE AND SHRIMP appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.