Serves 1 (2 Maki-style rolls)
I love my job, and ever since I joined the Isolator family, a pressing question has been on my mind: Could I make sushi rolls from ISOPASTA Rice? The answer is YES! For those of you who know how to properly make a Maki-style sushi roll, this will be a welcome addition to your at-home sushi fun! For those who have never tried before, I promise it’s not as intimidating as it may seem. Like anything, with a little practice, you’ll be rolling your own ISOPASTA sushi in no time. And, if you’re short on time or don’t have a bamboo sushi mat right now, you can still enjoy these wonderful flavors in an ISOPASTA Cali Roll Bowl.
Drink Recommendation: Ditch the wine and have an ice cold cup of sake to compliment this tasty sushi bowl. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
For the rolls:
- 7.04oz ISOPASTA Rice
- 2 sheets nori
- 2 scallions, sliced very thin
- 3 imitation crab sticks
- 1/4 avocado, thinly sliced
- For the rice seasoning:
- 5/8 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp coconut sugar
- 1/16 tsp salt
For the spicy Sriracha sauce:
- 1 oz 2% Greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Sriracha (more or less if you like it spicier/not as spicy)
- Cook your ISOPASTA Rice according to the package directions. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your rice when it is cooked. Run cold water over the rice until it is cooled to room temperature and place the rice in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the rice seasoning ingredients together until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Pour the mixture over the rice, tossing and stirring well to coat all the rice with the seasoning.
- Whisk the spicy Sriracha sauce ingredients together in a small bowl until well blended and set aside.
- Using a bamboo sushi mat, place your nori shiny side down with the cut lines on the nori extending vertically away from you. Place half of your seasoned rice on the nori, spreading it out and leaving about an inch of the bottom corner bare.
- Place half of your scallions, the crab sticks, and the avocado slices in a line going across the upper middle of the rice. Tightly but carefully, curl the top part of your nori and bamboo mat over the fillings, pressing everything together. Quickly and tightly roll up the rest of your sushi.
- Place your maki on a cutting board, and using the sharpest knife you have, quickly and confidently, without sawing, slice up your roll. Repeat with the second roll. Drizzle the Sriracha sauce over your rolls and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 177
Total Fat 19.5g
Saturated Fat 3.5g
Dietary Fiber 10.2g
The post ISOPASTA SUSHI appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.