Makes 1- 12” Pizza Crust
I get a lot of requests for recipes from ISOPASTA fans, and some are much more challenging than others (still working on that healthy ice cream recipe!). One of the most frequent requests, though, is for a low-carb pizza. After experimenting with lots of different flours and doughs, I went back to the basics of an already amazing low-carb product to find my inspiration and my solution – ISOPASTA!
That’s right! This pizza crust can be made quickly and easily in your food processor, and it is made with our incredible ISOPASTA. I’m giving you just the crust recipe, because let’s be honest – pizza toppings are a seriously personal preference! (The photos of my ISOPIZZA are with shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, a low-sugar tomato sauce, and turkey pepperoni, for those who are curious.)
This low-carb crust will make a knife-and-fork pizza, but trust me – it is just as delicious as a traditional one and is packed with way more protein than your local pizzeria’s. So, get your favorite toppings and fire up your oven – it’s pizza time!
*Just a quick reminder that the nutrition facts are for the entire 12” pizza crust only, no toppings included.*
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 12 oz cooked, cooled ISOPASTA Rice (weighed after cooking)
- ¼ c almond milk
- ¼ c grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ¼ tsp crumbled, dried oregano
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 375˚.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and process until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times to ensure that everything is blended.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a pizza tray, cookie sheet, etc. Spread your ISOPASTA pizza dough into a 12” circle on the parchment, making sure it is smooth and even.
- Bake your ISOPASTA pizza crust for 25 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through. Top with your favorite toppings and bake for another 10-15 minutes, depending on what cheeses/toppings you’re using. Enjoy!
1 ISOPASTA Pizza Crust
Calories from Fat 130
Total Fat 14.1g
Saturated Fat 5.4g
Net Carbohydrates 15.1g
The post ISOPIZZA! appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.