LOW-CARB RICE BOWL
This is one of my favorite feel-good meals and I am so excited to share it with you! Loaded with flavor, protein, and vitamin C, this is a meal that is super satisfying, and hits all those sweet and savory notes. The miso in the dressing is loaded with antioxidants, and the gochujang will bring some gentle heat to wake up your palate. Plus, my kids love the DIY assembly of this dish – it gets them actively involved with a healthy meal and makes dinner that much more fun. I am confident your family will love this one, too!
Wine Recommendation: Ditch the wine and have an ice cold cup of sake to compliment this tasty rice bowl. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 14.08oz ISOPASTA Rice
- 8-10 c fresh cauliflower, washed and cut into florets (try purple or orange cauliflower for a more
- colorful meal!)
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ c Dijon mustard
- 1/8 c garlic oil
- 8 hardboiled eggs, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 c toasted walnuts, rough chopped
- 4 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- For Dressing:
- ½ c rice vinegar
- ¼ c sesame oil
- 3 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- Preheat your oven to 400˚ In a large zip-top freezer bag, mix cauliflower through garlic oil ingredients. Make sure the bag is sealed and shake, shake, shake! Keep shaking that bag of cauliflower until all the florets are coated.
- Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with olive oil from a Misto or your favorite nonstick spray. Open the freezer bag and pour the cauliflower onto the baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the sheet and flipping your cauliflower with a spatula every 10 minutes. Place the cauliflower in a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook your ISOPASTA Rice according to package directions. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your rice when it is cooked to al dente. Pour the rice into a large serving bowl.
- Using a small blender or food processor, blend the dressing ingredients together until smooth. Store/serve the dressing in a bottle or salad dressing container.
- Place the eggs, walnuts, and scallions in their own serving bowls, lay everything out on the table, and have a great time creating your delicious, nutritious bowl! Enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Total Fat 31.5g
Saturated Fat 3.4g
Dietary Fiber 10.3g
The post LOW-CARB RICE BOWL appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.
Also in ISO
Dinner, a movie, some flowers and chocolates. This is the recipe for every boring, cliche, overplayed, not to mention unhealthy, Valentine’s Day date ever created. This Valentine’s Day why not mix it up a little bit, and add a little bit of fitness fun to your celebratory festivities. It doesn’t matter if you live in a cold or warm climate, there are always outdoor fitness options. And if you prefer indoor activities, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered there too. Afterall once you’ve found your swolemate, it should be nothing but the best for you and them.
With the holiday’s coming up, you may be having trouble trying to fit everything you need to get done into your day. But that doesn’t mean that you can skip out on your workouts. Skipping workouts now is a slippery slope that not only puts a stop to your current progress, but may also make future progress more difficult to achieve. This time of year it’s easy to get caught up in overeating, poor sleep schedules and over booking your time. This 15 minute HIIT workout will help you to stay on track with your daily workouts even when you feel like you have no time though. Because although you may have to shorten your workouts a few days this holiday season, there’s no reason to skip them all together.
It’s the holiday season and among all of the hustle and bustle there’s one chore that you just can’t afford to put on the back burner until the very last minute. And that’s planning your holiday menu. Planning a healthy holiday menu is one of the best ways to ensure that you stay on track during the holidays with your healthy eating. The best part is that thanks to this list of delicious christmas recipes, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from without having to worry about skimping on flavor.