This is one of my favorite feel-good meals and I am so excited to share it with you! Loaded with flavor, protein, and vitamin C, this is a meal that is super satisfying, and hits all those sweet and savory notes. The miso in the dressing is loaded with antioxidants, and the gochujang will bring some gentle heat to wake up your palate. Plus, my kids love the DIY assembly of this dish – it gets them actively involved with a healthy meal and makes dinner that much more fun. I am confident your family will love this one, too!
Wine Recommendation: Ditch the wine and have an ice cold cup of sake to compliment this tasty rice bowl. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 14.08oz ISOPASTA Rice
- 8-10 c fresh cauliflower, washed and cut into florets (try purple or orange cauliflower for a more
- colorful meal!)
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ c Dijon mustard
- 1/8 c garlic oil
- 8 hardboiled eggs, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 c toasted walnuts, rough chopped
- 4 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- For Dressing:
- ½ c rice vinegar
- ¼ c sesame oil
- 3 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- Preheat your oven to 400˚ In a large zip-top freezer bag, mix cauliflower through garlic oil ingredients. Make sure the bag is sealed and shake, shake, shake! Keep shaking that bag of cauliflower until all the florets are coated.
- Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with olive oil from a Misto or your favorite nonstick spray. Open the freezer bag and pour the cauliflower onto the baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the sheet and flipping your cauliflower with a spatula every 10 minutes. Place the cauliflower in a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook your ISOPASTA Rice according to package directions. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your rice when it is cooked to al dente. Pour the rice into a large serving bowl.
- Using a small blender or food processor, blend the dressing ingredients together until smooth. Store/serve the dressing in a bottle or salad dressing container.
- Place the eggs, walnuts, and scallions in their own serving bowls, lay everything out on the table, and have a great time creating your delicious, nutritious bowl! Enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Total Fat 31.5g
Saturated Fat 3.4g
Dietary Fiber 10.3g
The post LOW-CARB RICE BOWL appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.