MISO-SAKE MARINATED SALMON WITH MISO SHITAKE ISOPASTA RICE
Salmon is such a powerhouse when it comes to nutrition. Packed with omega-3’s and protein, it’s always a solid choice. However, finding new ways to prepare it can be difficult, which is why I created this easy dinner that can fit well into your busy weeknight routine. Loaded with antioxidants, miso paste is a great way to add flavor to many dishes, and when combined with protein-rich shitake mushrooms, it creates a perfect savory sauce for our ISOPASTA Rice. Plus, if you’re too rushed during the week, you can make this meal on Sunday night instead. It will reheat beautifully in our Isolator Fitness Meal Prep Containers to be ready to eat whenever you are.
Drink Recommendation: Have an ice cold cup of sake to compliment the sake marinade in this Asian-inspired meal. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
For Salmon Marinade:
- 2 oz white (shiro) miso paste
- 4 oz sake
- 1 lb salmon
For Miso Mushroom Rice:
- 7.04 oz ISOPASTA Rice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 oz sliced shitake mushrooms
- 4 oz white (shiro) miso paste
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk
- In a small bowl, whisk together the miso paste and sake. Pour this into a shallow dish, and place your salmon (skin side up) on top of the marinade. Alternatively, if your salmon is skinless, you can marinate the salmon in a freezer bag. Let the salmon marinate in your fridge for anywhere between 1 hour and a whole day.
- When ready to bake your salmon, preheat your oven to 350˚. Place the salmon, skin side down, on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how well done you prefer your salmon.
- Meanwhile, cook your ISOPASTA Rice according to the package directions. When cooked, drain your rice and set aside in a serving dish.
- While the salmon is baking and the ISOPASTA Rice is boiling, heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the shitakes and sauté until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the miso paste and almond milk. Stir this into your mushrooms and bring to a simmer.
- Once the mushroom sauce is heated through, pour it over your ISOPASTA Rice in the serving dish, and stir to incorporate the sauce and rice. Serve your salmon over top of the mushroom rice and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 169
Total Fat 18.6g
Saturated Fat 2.1g
Net Carbohydrates 16.4g
The post MISO-SAKE MARINATED SALMON WITH MISO SHITAKE ISOPASTA RICE appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.
Also in ISO
Dinner, a movie, some flowers and chocolates. This is the recipe for every boring, cliche, overplayed, not to mention unhealthy, Valentine’s Day date ever created. This Valentine’s Day why not mix it up a little bit, and add a little bit of fitness fun to your celebratory festivities. It doesn’t matter if you live in a cold or warm climate, there are always outdoor fitness options. And if you prefer indoor activities, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered there too. Afterall once you’ve found your swolemate, it should be nothing but the best for you and them.
With the holiday’s coming up, you may be having trouble trying to fit everything you need to get done into your day. But that doesn’t mean that you can skip out on your workouts. Skipping workouts now is a slippery slope that not only puts a stop to your current progress, but may also make future progress more difficult to achieve. This time of year it’s easy to get caught up in overeating, poor sleep schedules and over booking your time. This 15 minute HIIT workout will help you to stay on track with your daily workouts even when you feel like you have no time though. Because although you may have to shorten your workouts a few days this holiday season, there’s no reason to skip them all together.
It’s the holiday season and among all of the hustle and bustle there’s one chore that you just can’t afford to put on the back burner until the very last minute. And that’s planning your holiday menu. Planning a healthy holiday menu is one of the best ways to ensure that you stay on track during the holidays with your healthy eating. The best part is that thanks to this list of delicious christmas recipes, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from without having to worry about skimping on flavor.