ONION WALNUT MINI MUFFINS
ONION WALNUT MINI MUFFINS
Sometimes it just doesn’t feel like a special dinner without that basket of warm, fragrant bread or muffins. I wanted to find a way to bring those favorites back to your table, only in a healthy version that doesn’t skimp on flavor and texture like so many of the other healthy baking options out there.
I love incorporating fresh dill in this recipe to really deliver a big, savory taste without any added fat. The soy flour will also give you great flavor and more protein than your average baked good. So go ahead – make your dinner special tonight with these quick, easy, tender muffins.
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
1 c soy flour
1 c oat flour
½ c almond flour/meal
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp garlic salt
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
1 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano
3 tbsp walnut oil
½ c pureed onion (puree with a food processor or blender)
½ c water
½ c chopped, toasted walnuts*
1 tbsp fresh dill, finely minced
- Preheat your oven to 350˚ and use your favorite non-stick spray to grease a mini-muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the soy, oat, and almond flours with the baking soda, garlic salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the walnut oil, eggs, pureed onion, and water.
- Gently mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and once the batter is well blended, stir in the walnuts* and dill.
- Using a 1 tablespoon ice cream scoop or melon baller, place even scoops of muffin batter into your prepared mini-muffin pan.
- Bake the muffins for 10-11 minutes and serve warm. Any extras will keep nicely at room temperature in one of your Isolator Fitness Meal Prep Containers. Enjoy!
*Toasting nuts bring out deeper, richer flavor, which delivers big time in these muffins! To toast your chopped walnuts, you can use a dry pan over medium heat on your stove, shaking often and taking the nuts off the heat when they grow fragrant and start to brown. Or, if you have a toaster oven, you can use my favorite quick method – place the nuts on a sheet of foil, and toast them in your toaster oven on medium heat, removing them when they start to brown and get fragrant.
With either method, watch them carefully at the end – they can go from delicious to burnt in a matter of seconds! Don’t worry, though – this is an easy technique that only takes a few times to become a pro.
Serving Size 1 Mini Muffin
Calories from Fat 43
Total Fat 4.7g
Saturated Fat 0.5g
Dietary Fiber 1.1g
The post ONION WALNUT MINI MUFFINS appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.