PEANUT BUTTER GLAZED BANANA DONUTS
Not all donuts are made alike, especially these! With an incredible 12 grams of protein, these low-cal donuts are sure to make your morning feel a little more special – and a lot tastier. With the satisfying flavors of peanut butter, chocolate, and banana, these moist, delicious, easy-to-make treats are something your whole family will love.
- 1¼ c soy flour
- ½ c oat flour
- ¾ c almond flour/meal
- ½ oz cacao powder (I like TerrAmazon brand)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp PB2 Powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- ½ c mashed very ripe banana
- 2½ oz 2% Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ c apple cider (or apple juice)
- ½ tbsp vanilla
- 1½ tsp liquid stevia, unflavored
For Peanut Butter Glaze:
- 3 tbsp PB2 Powder
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 350˚ and use your favorite non-stick spray to grease a donut pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients (through PB2).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining donut ingredients (through stevia).
- Gently mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and once the batter is well blended, carefully spoon it into a 1 gallon freezer bag. Snip off about a 1 inch wide opening at one corner of the bag, and voilà – you just made a piping bag that will let you neatly and quickly get that batter into your donut pan. The recipe makes 9 donuts, so you may have to do two batches if you only have one donut pan – make sure to spray again with your nonstick spray if doing two batches.
- Bake the donuts for about 12-13 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through your bake time. Remove the donuts from the oven, and let them cool for 5-10 minutes. Remove them from the donut pan and let cool further on a wire cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, whisk the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl. When the donuts have cooled off, carefully spread some of the glaze on each donut.
- Any extras will keep nicely at room temperature in one of your Isolator Fitness Meal Prep Containers. Enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Awesome Donut
Calories from Fat 63
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 0.9g
Dietary Fiber 4g
The post PEANUT BUTTER GLAZED BANANA DONUTS appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.