Printable Healthy Grocery List: THE “PICK 2 METHOD”
Healthy Grocery List
Use our healthy grocery list as a printable template, picking 1 or 2 items from each category. If you are meal prepping for the week, you should think of your food in terms of macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, and fats) to guide you with your food selections. You should have a protein source with each meal. The amounts of fat and carbohydrates will vary, but should be fresh whenever possible. With this in mind, simply picking 2 (or more, if you’re an overachiever) items from each category, figuring out what to put in your meal prep containers becomes incredibly simple, though the possible varieties are limitless. Using this healthy grocery list keeps meal prep simple.
Shopping for the week and preparing your food ahead of time to store in your ISObag is the best way to stay on track with your diet. Print out our healthy grocery and take it to the store with you to keep you focused on your goals. For more guidance on how to meal prep, and how to apply this “pick 2 method,” check out our article and full length video and step- by- step instructions on how to meal prep for your week in less than 2 hours.
The “Pick 2” Grocery List:
PROTEINS:Pick 2 to prepare!
Cans/ packets of tuna
White fish (Cod, flounder, tilapia)
Extra-lean ground turkey
93% lean ground beef
Frozen turkey/ veggie burgers
Plain nonfat Greek yogurt
CARBOHYDRATES:Pick 2 to prepare or keep on hand!
Always keep at least 1 available in your house that can be easily eaten or quickly microwaved.
Rice (any kind, especially microwaveable bags)
VEGETABLES:Pick 2 (at least)!
Pick things like carrots and snap peas for snacks because you don’t have to chop them!
Keep some others of a frozen variety in the freezer for convenience
Avocadoes (a fat source, see below)
SPICES AND CONDIMENTS:Pick 2 each!
Having condiments will allow you to alter your food choices on a whim. .
Healthy Grocery Shopping Tips
- Bring your grocery list with you to keep you on track. Failing to plan often results in purchasing many things you don’t need or actually intend to eat… like that 2 lb. container of spinach that you swear you’re going to eat every time.
- Shop on a full stomach. Heading into the grocery store hungry usually produces the same results as the scenario in #1. Additionally, we are less inclined to make the best food choices when we’re hungry.
- Avoid the lure of the brightly colored aisles in the center and focus your shopping around the perimeter of the store, where the fresh, non- packaged items are.
- If buying boxed items: avoid anything you can’t pronounce; especially sugars with chemical names with “-ose” and “-os” attached as the suffix.
- Buy fruit a few days before it is fully ripe.
- Buy frozen foods to keep on hand, for when you run out of fresh ones.
- Keep canned veggies, proteins, and beans on hand. Buying canned foods is an inexpensive and convenient way to ensure that you always have enough protein, veggies, etc. in home, especially if you need to prepare something in a pinch. It also allows those people on tight budgets to get nutrients that they would not be able to otherwise.
- If you get yogurt, buy it plain and just dress it up at home.
- Make sure you always have proteins and veggies in your freezer.
The post Printable Healthy Grocery List: THE “PICK 2 METHOD” appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.
Also in ISO
Dinner, a movie, some flowers and chocolates. This is the recipe for every boring, cliche, overplayed, not to mention unhealthy, Valentine’s Day date ever created. This Valentine’s Day why not mix it up a little bit, and add a little bit of fitness fun to your celebratory festivities. It doesn’t matter if you live in a cold or warm climate, there are always outdoor fitness options. And if you prefer indoor activities, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered there too. Afterall once you’ve found your swolemate, it should be nothing but the best for you and them.
With the holiday’s coming up, you may be having trouble trying to fit everything you need to get done into your day. But that doesn’t mean that you can skip out on your workouts. Skipping workouts now is a slippery slope that not only puts a stop to your current progress, but may also make future progress more difficult to achieve. This time of year it’s easy to get caught up in overeating, poor sleep schedules and over booking your time. This 15 minute HIIT workout will help you to stay on track with your daily workouts even when you feel like you have no time though. Because although you may have to shorten your workouts a few days this holiday season, there’s no reason to skip them all together.
It’s the holiday season and among all of the hustle and bustle there’s one chore that you just can’t afford to put on the back burner until the very last minute. And that’s planning your holiday menu. Planning a healthy holiday menu is one of the best ways to ensure that you stay on track during the holidays with your healthy eating. The best part is that thanks to this list of delicious christmas recipes, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from without having to worry about skimping on flavor.