This smooth, seasonal sauce pairs beautifully with any of our protein-rich ISOPASTAs and gives you all the comfort of a cream sauce without all the fat. Pumpkin and butternut squash lend huge amounts of vitamins A and C, while Canadian turkey bacon gives you little pops of salty texture. I used ISOPASTA Fusilli for this savory, satisfying, low-fat dinner, but feel free to try it with our ISOPASTA Rice, too, for a great, easy, impressive risotto!
Wine Recommendation: This creamy pumpkin sauce is well-paired with a crisp Pinot Grigio. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 10.56oz ISOPASTA Fusilli
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz peeled, cubed butternut squash
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c chicken stock (preferably organic)
- 4 oz canned pumpkin
- 1 c 2% cottage cheese
- ¼ c Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage
- 6 oz Canadian Turkey Bacon, diced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat your olive oil and sauté the squash, onion, and garlic for ten minutes, stirring often.
- Add the stock, raise the heat to high, and bring the stock to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the ISOPASTA Fusilli according to the package directions. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your fusilli when it is cooked to al dente and pour it into a large serving bowl.
- Carefully blend the hot squash/stock mix with the pumpkin, cheeses, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor, or with an immersion blender.
- Pour your pumpkin sauce over the ISOPASTA Fusilli and stir in the fresh sage and turkey bacon. Enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 79
Total Fat 8.6g
Saturated Fat 1.9g
Dietary Fiber 6.6g
The post PUMPKIN AND SAGE SAUCE WITH ISOPASTA FUSILLI appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.