5 Healthy and Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow cookers are a great way of meal prepping. They tenderize while cooking, and make for tastier dishes while using no or very little salt.
Crock Pot Banana Bread Quinoa
Yields about: 6 ½ Portions
Store in: 12 oz ISO Meal Prep Containers
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1/2 cup of Seasonal Coffee-mate Warm Cinnamon Sugar Cookie
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 banana (past ripe)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mash the banana in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix the brown sugar and walnuts together.
- Pour quinoa, creamer, milk, water, butter and vanilla into the crock pot. Add the mashed banana and stir to evenly distribute. Sprinkle the sugar and walnut mixture into the quinoa and stir to mix.
- Cook on low for 4 – 6 hours, or until the quinoa is fully cooked.
- Serve warm and garnish with slices of banana!
If you need to, add additional liquid or sugar to the mixture for taste.
Shopping List for Crock Pot Banana Bread Quinoa:
- Seasonal coffee-mate Warm Cinnamon Sugar Cookie
- Low-fat milk
- 1 ½ Banana (past ripe)
- Chopped Walnuts
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
Slow Cooker Quinoa, White Bean, and Kale Soup
Yields: 6 Portions
Tips: Do not substitute a regular broth for the flavor-infused broth as so much flavor and seasonings come from this broth.
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 Container (32 ounces) Tuscan Chicken Flavor-Infused Broth (Swanson makes this)
- 1 Can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 Cans (15.5 ounces each) cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 3 Cups chopped Kale
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and add it to your slow cooker with 2 cups of the broth.
- Add in the undrained petite diced tomatoes, and once can of undrained cannellini beans.
- Add in the garlic, chopped yellow onion, italian seasoning, and some salt and pepper.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the remaining 2 cups broth with the remaining can of cannellini beans. Blend until smooth. Pour into the slow cooker.
- Give everything a good stir and cover the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the stems. wash the kale, and finely chop the kale.
- About 15 minutes before ready to serve, adjust any seasonings (add some salt and pepper if desired), and stir in the finely chopped kale.
- Garnish each bowl with a handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Shopping List for Quinoa, White Bean, and Kale Soup:
- Tuscan Chicken Flavor-Infused Broth
- Petite Diced Tomatoes
- Cannellini Beans
- Minced Garlic
- Yellow Onion
- Italian Seasoning
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Pulled Pork Tacos
Yields: 6 Portions
Store in: 38 oz ISO Meal Prep Containers
Tips: Warm the tortillas in the microwave, or stovetop. Fill, then garnish with cilantro, fresh lime juice, and cheese.
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 canned chipotle chilies packed in adobo, coarsely chopped* (add more for more heat)
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from the canned chilis
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- To Serve
Corn tortillas, fresh cilantro, lime wedges, and feta cheese or queso fresco
- Arrange the squash around the edges of a 4-quart or similar slow cooker. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Season the pork with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, cinnamon, olive oil, chipotle chilies, and adobo sauce to form a paste. Rub all over the pork.
- Place the pork in the center of the slow cooker (it may overlap slightly with the squash). Top with the onion and garlic. Pour the orange juice and red wine vinegar over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Once the meat is tender and cooked through, remove from the slow cooker and transfer to a plate to cool slightly.
- Shred the pork, then transfer to a large bowl, along with any of the rub that may have come off during shredding. With a slotted spoon, remove the squash and onions from the slow cooker and place in the bowl with the pork. Toss to combine.
Shopping List for Butternut Squash Pulled Pork:
- Butternut Squash
- Boneless Pork loin roast
- Salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
- Chipotle Chillies packed in adobo
- Minced Garlic
- Orange Juice
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Corn Tortillas
- Fresh Cilantro
- Lime Wedges
- Feta cheese or queso fresco
Clean Eating Coconut Almond Cranberry Chicken
Yields about: 4 Portions
Tips: Serve by itself or over brown rice or whole grain pasta.
Store in: 12 oz or 16 oz ISO Meal Prep Containers
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 cups raw spinach leaves, tightly packed when measuring
- 4 chicken breasts (about 7 ounces each), chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a large pan and cook over medium to medium-high until the chicken is fully cooked through.
Shopping List for Coconut Almond Cranberry Chicken:
- Light Coconut Milk
- Dried Cranberries
- Raw Spinach leaves
- 4 Chicken breasts (about 7 ounces each)
- Finely grated ginger
Slow Cooker Bananas Foster
Yields: 5 Dessers
Store in: 16 Oz ISO Meal Prep Containers
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (unrefined coconut oil)
- 3 tablespoon honey
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 bananas, medium firmness, 1/2″ slices
- 1/2 teaspoon 100% Rum Extract
- Add and combine the first four ingredients to the slow cooker. Add banana slices, toss gently to coat with honey mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Add rum extract to bananas and stir to combine. Minimum slow cooker size: 4 quarts.
Shopping List for Bananas Foster:
- Coconut Oil (unrefined coconut oil)
- 5 Bananas, medium firmness
- 100% Rum Extract
The post 5 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.