Loaded with omega-3’s and protein, this low-carb salad is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Even better, it comes together so easily and stores incredibly well, making it a great meal prep option with our Isolator Fitness Meal Prep Containers. When glancing through these ingredients, don’t be thrown off by the anchovies! Lending a salty, not fishy flavor, these misunderstood little fish are absolute powerhouses of iron, calcium, and magnesium, and they go hand in hand with the tuna in this salad to promote strong bones and heart health. Make sure you get the best quality oil-packed tuna and anchovies you can find for this recipe – that oil will be the only oil you’ll need, so make it the good stuff!
Wine Recommendation: This light, refreshing salad calls for a light, refreshing white. You can’t go wrong pairing a Sauvignon Blanc with this healthy dinner. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 1 full bag ISOPASTA Fusilli
- 3 ½ oz oil-packed high-quality anchovies, cut into small pieces
- 2 cans oil-packed high-quality tuna, broken into small chunks
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ lb haricots verts (or regular green beans), trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 4 radishes, sliced very thinly
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 hardboiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- Cook ISOPASTA Fusilli in a large pot according to package directions, but set your timer for 4 minutes short of the normal cook time. When the timer goes off, throw your beans into the pot with the pasta and reset the timer for four minutes – this will blanch the beans, leaving them crisp-tender. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your fusilli and beans and rinse them under cold water until cooled. Place fusilli and beans in a large serving bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to your fusilli and beans, and give everything a good stir. Enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 201
Total Fat 22.2g
Saturated Fat 4g
Dietary Fiber 5.1g
The post ISOPASTA FUSILLI NIÇOISE SALAD appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.