ISOPASTA FUSILLI NIÇOISE SALAD
Loaded with omega-3’s and protein, this low-carb salad is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Even better, it comes together so easily and stores incredibly well, making it a great meal prep option with our Isolator Fitness Meal Prep Containers.When glancing through these ingredients, don’t be thrown off by the anchovies! Lending a salty, not fishy flavor, these misunderstood little fish are absolute powerhouses of iron, calcium, and magnesium, and they go hand in hand with the tuna in this salad to promote strong bones and heart health. Make sure you get the best quality oil-packed tuna and anchovies you can find for this recipe – that oil will be the only oil you’ll need, so make it the good stuff!
Wine Recommendation: This light, refreshing salad calls for a light, refreshing white. You can’t go wrong pairing a Sauvignon Blanc with this healthy dinner. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy this delicious addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 1 full bag ISOPASTA Fusilli
- 3 ½ oz oil-packed high-quality anchovies, cut into small pieces
- 2 cans oil-packed high-quality tuna, broken into small chunks
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ lb haricots verts (or regular green beans), trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 4 radishes, sliced very thinly
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 hardboiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- Cook ISOPASTA Fusilli in a large pot according to package directions, but set your timer for 4 minutes short of the normal cook time. When the timer goes off, throw your beans into the pot with the pasta and reset the timer for four minutes – this will blanch the beans, leaving them crisp-tender. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your fusilli and beans and rinse them under cold water until cooled. Place fusilli and beans in a large serving bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to your fusilli and beans, and give everything a good stir. Enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Serving
Calories from Fat 201
Total Fat 22.2g
Saturated Fat 4g
Dietary Fiber 5.1g
The post ISOPASTA FUSILLI NIÇOISE SALAD appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.
Also in ISO
Dinner, a movie, some flowers and chocolates. This is the recipe for every boring, cliche, overplayed, not to mention unhealthy, Valentine’s Day date ever created. This Valentine’s Day why not mix it up a little bit, and add a little bit of fitness fun to your celebratory festivities. It doesn’t matter if you live in a cold or warm climate, there are always outdoor fitness options. And if you prefer indoor activities, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered there too. Afterall once you’ve found your swolemate, it should be nothing but the best for you and them.
With the holiday’s coming up, you may be having trouble trying to fit everything you need to get done into your day. But that doesn’t mean that you can skip out on your workouts. Skipping workouts now is a slippery slope that not only puts a stop to your current progress, but may also make future progress more difficult to achieve. This time of year it’s easy to get caught up in overeating, poor sleep schedules and over booking your time. This 15 minute HIIT workout will help you to stay on track with your daily workouts even when you feel like you have no time though. Because although you may have to shorten your workouts a few days this holiday season, there’s no reason to skip them all together.
It’s the holiday season and among all of the hustle and bustle there’s one chore that you just can’t afford to put on the back burner until the very last minute. And that’s planning your holiday menu. Planning a healthy holiday menu is one of the best ways to ensure that you stay on track during the holidays with your healthy eating. The best part is that thanks to this list of delicious christmas recipes, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from without having to worry about skimping on flavor.