Low Carb Chocolate Rice Balls
For some of us, it’s just not possible to give up those luscious chocolate truffles! Thanks to ISOPASTA Rice, you can have your treat while staying true to your commitment to healthy eating. For those who need a little sweet every now and then, I’ve created The Isoball. Packed with protein and sweetened only by fiber-rich dates, you get all the health benefits of vitamin-filled cacao powder and cacao nibs while cashing in on some serious dark chocolate-peanut butter taste. And the best news of all? The ISOBALL couldn’t be easier to make!
I hope you enjoy this sweet addition to your healthy ISO lifestyle!
Kelly Pipich, Isolator Fitness’s Executive Chef
- 3.52oz ISOPASTA Rice
- 3/4 c whole, pitted dates
- 1 c peanuts
- 1/4 c cacao powder, plus more for rolling
- 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a small bowl, cover your dates with enough hot tap water to fully submerge them. Allow the dates to sit while you cook your rice.
- Cook your ISOPASTA Rice according to the package directions. In a fine mesh strainer, drain your rice. Run cold water over the rice, shaking it around in the strainer to cool, for about a minute. Add the dates to the strainer, too, and run a little more cold water over everything until it’s nice and cool.
- In the bowl of your food processor, place all your remaining ingredients and pulse for 30 seconds. Scrape down the bowl and continue to process for another 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl a second time. Continue processing until the ingredients are very smooth and start to congeal into a large ball.
- Using a 1 tbsp melon baller or cookie dough scoop, scoop out one ball at a time and roll it in your palms until it’s smooth and round.
- Place some extra cacao powder in a shallow dish and roll your ISOBALL in it to coat, tapping off the excess cacao powder with your fingers. Repeat this process with the rest of the ISOBALL mix.
- Your ISOBALLs will fit nicely in your Isolator Fitness Meal Prep Containers. Store them in your fridge and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 ISOBALL
Calories from Fat 44.3
Total Fat 4.9g
Saturated Fat 1.4g
Dietary Fiber 1.9g
The post THE ISOBALL appeared first on ISOLATOR FITNESS BLOG.
Leave a comment